Type your paragraph here.
Manitowoc County, Wisconsin
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TOWN OF EATON RECYCLING CENTER IS FOR RESIDENTS OF EATON ONLY. THANK YOU.
Town of Eaton
TOWN OF EATON RECYCLING CENTER
Located at 21333 Hwy C, 4/10th of a mile west of Lax Chapel Rd. Hours: Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. April through December Winter Hours: January, February & March
1st, 3rd & 5th Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
(In case of extreme weather conditions listen to
WCUB or WOMT radio for possible cancellations)
Individuals will purchase from the town at the recycling center:
30 Gallon size plastic bags for $1.00 each. Bags are clear plastic with the town name Imprinted on them. This is for all non-recycling items. These are to be deposited into the dumpster at the center.
NO OTHER BAGS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
ALL EMPTY PAINT CANS ARE TO GO IN TOWN OF EATON BAGS.
There are attendants at the center that will help you decide where to put the items you bring up. Please ask for help.
Other items accepted into the dumpster are the following with respective fees:
*Small chairs $3.00
*Large recliners, sofa & sofa sleepers $6.00
*15 Gal #2 containers $.50 each *Demolition rubble (wood, boards, etc) Small amounts will be accepted. *There will be a charge of $50.00 per pick-up load. *No large amounts of demolition rubble will be accepted. Individuals must contract with a hauler to rent a dumpster.
ABSOLUTELY NO ASPHALT ROOFING MATERIAL WILL BE ACCEPTED
*Ashes: These have to be in bags or cardboard boxes. There is a charge of $1.00 per box.
Major Appliances except those listed below:
The following items are banned from landfills and will not be accepted at the recycling center:
1. Lead Acid Batteries.
3. Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, LP Tanks, Freezers, Dehumidifiers, Microwaves, Computers, Monitors, and TV’s.
4. Hazardous Wastes.
NOTICE: The Town does not accept any yard waste, grass clippings, garden greens or brush.
5. Oil Filters & empty oil containers.
The following items will be accepted at the Center for recycling and composting:
1. Magazines, Newsprint & Office Paper. Must be bundled and tied with twine. Do not put them in plastic bags or cardboard boxes.
2.Corrugated Paper & Other Container Board. Must be bundled and tied with twine. Do not put them in plastic bags or cardboard boxes.
3. Aluminum Containers.
4. Steel and Bimetal Cans. Rinse and crush.
5. Waste Oil – ONLY.
6. Glass – Clear, Green & Brown Bottles & Jars. Must be separated and have neck rings and caps removed. The following items should be put in Town of Eaton bags; window panes, bulbs, mirrors, Pyrex ovenware, ceramic dishes and cups, drinking water glasses & flower pots.
7. Plastic Containers # 1 and # 2. These are soda, milk, water & juice. Cooking oils & syrup, Liquor, shampoo & conditioner, bleach & fabric softener, dish detergent, windshield washer and antifreeze. Any # 2 containers that have a neck larger than Container are not acceptable. See above.
8. Iron. Good clean iron only. Cannot have plastic, glass, wood rubber or any other foreign material attached.
9. Food and Beverage Cartons that are made from paper fibers, plastic and aluminum. These containers are for wine, milk, soy milk, juice, cream, soup, broth and egg substitutes and can be placed in with plastic bottles. Cartons need to be emptied and flattened.
WHEN UNAPPROVED WASTE IS FOUND: The Landfill Center shall reject the waste. A licensed solid waste hauler must be utilized to remove the unapproved waste from the landfill, Either returning it to a generator or disposing of it at an approved facility.
THIS COULD PROVE TO BE VERY COSTLY!
Additional recycling available to Manitowoc County residents please contact for details.
Manitowoc County Hwy Shop
3500 Hwy 310
Manitowoc, WI 54220
Ph: (920) 683-4333 or http://www.manitowocrecycles.org/ or http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Recycling